Recording Studio Surroundings
About the area
Mid Wales has something for everyone! Relax and soak up the fantastic scenery. The area has some of the most intriguing history and there is always plenty of things going on in the heart of the country. Visit some of the UK's highest peaks and beautiful mountain ranges or why not take a stroll around some of the country's most beautiful lakeside walks. Our recording studio in Mid Wales is within reaching distance of some of the most beautiful countryside walks and local attractions.
Places of interest:
- Only a 20 minute drive away is the beautiful Lake Vyrnwy offering fantastic lakeside views and walks. Why not kick back and relax in the Vyrnwy hotel spa or if that's not your cup of tea then there are plenty of activities to do such as cycling, sailing, kayaking, Clay shooting and much more.
- Llanrhaeadr waterfall standing at 240ft high is the UK's tallest single drop waterfall. The waterfall is only a short drive from the studio and is undoubtedly a must visit if your in the area.
- Llyn Tegid in Bala is also a short distance away from the studio. The lake is the largest body of water in Wales, being 4 miles long and a mile wide. The lake is very well known for it's water sports and is also home to some of Britain's rarest animals.
Places to eat:
- There are several places to eat in the nearest town Llanfyllin including take-away's, restaurants and pubs.
- The studio's nearest town is Oswestry and here you can find a wide range of restaurants and continental take away's.
Places to stay:
- The Cain Valley Hotel is a small country hotel within 3 miles of the studio. The hotel has a lively bar and a restaurant offering a wide range of bar meals.
- The Lake Vyrnwy hotel is a beautiful lakeside hotel and spa with fantastic bedroom views and luxurious spa treatments. The hotel has a bar offering snacks and light refreshments or you can try the restaurant for lunchtime or evening meals.
- There is also plenty of smaller local accommodation including Bed & Breakfasts in the area.